Soma Capital is a fund built by founders, for founders. Soma invests in hungry, brilliant teams working on big ideas to push civilization forward and improve the human condition.
Soma is founded by Aneel Ranadive, who has over 10 years experience building startups and 4 years of investment experience with hits including Cruise, Rappi, Embark Trucks, Astranis, and Lendup (companies which now have a combined valuation of over $20bn).
Aneel works with his father Vivek Ranadive, founder of Tibco (sold for $4.3bn to Vista). Tibco originally digitized Wall Street and powers 80% of Fortune 500 companies including many of the largest banks, airlines, retailers, hotels, casinos, and government services. Soma Capital has a deep rolodex of CEO-level relationships with some of the biggest brands in the world and makes strategic introductions for portfolio companies. Ranadive also owns the NBA Sacramento Kings providing many influential relationships in sports and entertainment.
Soma Capital has deployed $15M of capital to date and is currently investing out of a second $40M early-stage fund. In addition, Soma is closing on a new, $150M opportunity fund for later-stage investments.
We are seeking to hire an investment professional to both help manage the existing portfolio and identify later stage follow-on investment opportunities within existing portfolio companies.
- Be an active member of the investment diligence process
- Screen, analyze and help execute investments in the portfolio
- Perform industry/sector and company analysis, and company due diligence
- Conduct valuation analyses and company forecasting
- Meet with management teams and industry experts to help source new ideas
- Build investment cases for specific companies, writing investment memos and presenting opportunities.
- Support deal negotiation, winning the deal and closing.
- Post-investment, you will support our entrepreneurs and portfolio companies
- Min 5-6 years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or private equity
- Excellent quantitative analysis, finance and business modeling skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance skills), strong transactional experience, and an outstanding record of professional and academic achievement
- Motivated, hard-working team player, able to work effectively in a small team setting
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Passion for and working knowledge of technology-enabled businesses
- MBA preferred